Thursday, May 21, 2009

Focusrite Releases New Compressors and EQ for Liquid Mix

I bought a Focusrite Liquid Mix last year and almost immediately it became one of the best things I ever bought for my studio. I've never owned any of the models of hardware compressor or EQs emulated on this device, so I can't say how faithful the recreations are, but I can say it sounds absolutely amazing and the controller makes dialing in settings a pure joy.

So I was happy to receive news in my mailbox announcing that Focusrite has released 21 new compressor emulations, and 1 new EQ, free to all existing Liquid Mix users. Here's what they had to say:

"The compression emulations are based on two compressors. The API 2500 Stereo Compressor (serial number 001475), provides feed-back or feed-forward options and variations on 'knee' and 'thrust'. The Millenia STT-1 (serial number 0-166), provides the sound of variable input stages, with valve or solid-state compression circuits. Finally, the EQ emulations are based on the original Mk1 Chandler Limited Edition EMI/Abbey Road Passive TG Channel. This uses the same circuit as the Abbey Road mastering console, providing the the signature Beatles sound."

1 comment:

продажа недвижимости в Испании said...

It can't work in reality, that's exactly what I think.