Sunday, January 17, 2010

NAMM!

Playing a bit of catch up with the news coming out of NAMM.  Here's the stuff I found interesting...

•  GForce are set to release impOSCar 2.  No, this is not a repeat from last year.  Apparently they wanted to do some stability testing and revamp the patch storage system (which is probably the #1 reason I haven't used impOscar as much as I'd like...). Other new features include PWM on both oscillators, ring modulation, variable GUI size, additional LFO, and more.  Projected to ship some time in March.  Now give me my S.O.B. already, ya jerks!

•  Alesis unveiled the Palmtrack handheld SD recorder which looks like direct competition for the popular Zoom handhelds.  It's projected to cost a little less than the Zoom H2. They showed a video version too.  Finally, Alesis also showed a new USB drum kit that looked pretty cool.

•  Metasonix unleashed some more boutique-y goodness including a vacuum tube based drum machine.

No comments: