Friday, September 16, 2011

Free Sample Friday: SQ-80 Hush

Today's Free Sample selection is of one of the iconic presets from Ensoniq's wonderfully gritty SQ-80.  The "Hush" preset is multi-sampled across 5 octaves, providing a grainy, metallic low end and an almost Fairlight-like breathy vocal as you go up the keyboard.  As a bonus, I've also included a sample of the notorious "thump" the SQ-80 made when you powered it down.  All samples are 24-bit/44.1k WAV samples.  Total size is just over 6 MB.


GO GET THEM!

1 comment:

AfroDJMac said...

Hey Tom, Love your blog and have been following it for quite some time. I took these samples and racked them up into an instrument in Ableton Live. For the last six months I have been releasing Live Racks and Instruments for people to download for free, and was wondering if you'd be cool with me using your samples and putting out the Live Rack I made using them. I'd of course let people know where I got the samples and give your site a plug. What do you think? You can drop me an email at afrodjmac@gmail.com Thanks man, I love the site and find the samples very useful!
-Brian
AfroDJMac
http://www.afrodjmac.com