Thursday, July 26, 2012

OS X Mountain Lion Released

Apple has released the latest version of its OS X operating system, this one dubbed "Mountain Lion".  Most of the features seem to be aimed at bringing some of the features of the mobile iOS to the Mac desktop, and there doesn't seem to be much of anything that will be of specific interest to musicians, so unless you absolutely need the latest and greatest, I wouldn't risk the update and any bugs or problems it might have with stuff you work with regularly.  If you want to take the leap, though, it'll only set you back $19.99.

1 comment:

-sihiL said...

I haven't updated my OS since Snow Leopard, and everything's worked just fine. I'll only update if I'm completely forced to, since everything is working good enough for my needs.

I'd sort of like to update my NI-plugins so that I could have 64bit support, but I've been doing well enough without it.